Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Week #8 Wednesday Commentary

Hello sports fans! Well the old pollsters are at it again. What is it about the SEC that they don’t like, or that they don’t understand? Kentucky played a great defensive game against Alabama and that is what two SEC teams do. Alabama won that game, so I ask you. Shouldn’t Alabama be the № 1 team in the nation? They didn’t lose, and they were № 2, why can’t they just move up? I know they had a bye week and Texas played a great game against the № 1 team in the nation, but Texas was previously № 5! You can’t skip an undefeated № 2 team from the № 5 spot. Well obviously you can but the Mike Slive should be screaming holy murder about it.

This coming weekend my Ole Miss Rebels have to go to Tuscaloosa and play the Tide, This is the only weekend that I am not an Alabama fan. I don’t see any upsets happening but I didn’t see an upset in Gainesville when the Reb’s went down there either. Whether we are playing the № 2 team or the № 1 team is irrelevant if we lose the game, but if the upset does occur, it would be so much better for my Rebels if the polls had done what was right and given Bama their due. The Rebel upset of then № 4 Florida on September 27th would not have carried as much weight if they were ranked № 25, that is just a fact.

I’m telling you sports fans, the SEC, and more directly Alabama, is getting screwed by the sportswriters and coaches in this country. But you know what? We were in this position the last two years and look what the polls looked like at the end of the year. I just thought that when the pre-season poll came out and Georgia was the № 1 team that the South Eastern Conference was finally getting some recognition. Silly Wabbit….It only took till week 2 of the season to bring that to a screeching halt. Just once…..Just once I wish USC, Ohio State, Texas, and oh lets not forget the pride of the NCAA…Notre Dame, had to play an SEC schedule. A true 8 SEC game schedule. You wouldn’t see a № 2 USC skipping over an undefeated Georgia if that was to ever happen.
Come back Friday for My Week #8 picks, Until Then.....
Hotty Toddy
Darryle "Speedy" Clark

No comments: