Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday Opinion



Hello sports fans. Well I apologize for this being done later in the day than usual. I dont have alot to write about this Wednesday but I do want to say congratulations to Bobby Johnson and the Vanderbilt Commodores. You just have to respect any coach that will take over a program like Vanderbilts. I am not trying to offend Vanderbilt in any way, but they are the SEC's only private school. They are very academiccally oriented which in itself is very good, but it is awful hard for a coach to produce a winning program. We all know it is not everyday you find a 330 lb defensive lineman with a 4.o GPA.







I am not saying that any of the other players in our beloved conference are stupid or dumb but we all know that what I am saying is true. Lets face it, Academics has taken the back seat to a successful program at most schools, but it cannot do that at Vanderbilt. A player must be able to make the grade before he can enroll, much less play football. They have always had very talented players, most recently: Denver Broncos quaterback Jay Cutler, but it is very rare that they can put a TEAM of these talented players together. I commend the program and the coaching staff for a great job. It would not hurt my feelings any if they go all the way this year, although to do this they would have to beat Alabama, my second most favorite team. Anway, Kudos to the Dores for a huge win over Auburn and a great season.






I will not be able to write a Friday prediction column, I will be traveling and not able to write. I do hope that all is great in Football land this weekend.








Hotty Toddy


Darryle "Speedy" Clark

No comments: